Peace Proms 2016
This year we are taking part in the Peace Proms. The Peace Proms is a musical education programme in which 7000 children from over 250 schools across Ireland take part in annually.
Peace Proms is a musical and cultural celebration and provides a unique platform for young people to showcase their talent while promoting peace, unity and tolerance through music.
Peace Proms helps young people to develop qualities of self-reliance, personal integrity, responsibility, and confidence by giving them the opportunity to
• Perform with a full symphony orchestra
• Work with leading professional conductors and musicians
• Perform in premier venues.
• Develops vocal technique, presentation and performance in young people
• Introduces young people to a variety of musical styles and genres and develops an appreciation for these styles.
Our concert will take place on the weekend of the 6th / 7th of February. Exact details will be confirmed soon.
Practice begins straight away and boys will have a song to practice every night between now and February.
The first of these songs is The Friends Medley. Click on the link below to listen to the song.
The Friends Medley
Touch The Sky
The Power of The Dream (Chorus Only)
World In Union (Chorus Only)